Friday 1 January 2010

Avatar - Is It Any Good?

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all!!

Yesterday I went to see "Avatar" at the IMAX screen in Birmingham at the early 10:30 am screening (and that's very early for me!!) So is it any good? I must say that it is a very good film, but not as good as the hype would have us believe! The 3-D is good (I was surprised that the technology still consists of glasses with one red and one green lens; just not as deeply coloured as in previous years!!). I was expecting a more significant improvement in the technology in 50 years!! Anyway the film moved at quite a pace, but they were way too keen to show off the 3-D effect! The main downer for me (and this isn't a criticism of the film) was the motion sickness it induced in me. Even after taking off the glasses I still felt nauseous at many of the excessive motion/action scenes! Still, I'd give it a 7/10 score!

Your New Year's Day questions are: -
  1. The first civilian flight from which London Airport took off today in 1946?

  2. Actor Verne Troyer (right) was born today in 1969 and played which character in the "Austin Powers" movies?

  3. The last advert for what on American television was shown at 11:59 pm today in 1971?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Will Smith; 2. "Gandhi"; 3. Ottawa

My book "The Easy Quiz Master"
is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.

No comments: