Tuesday 5 January 2010

BlogDumps Top SitesTuesday #41

Two Thoughts on Tuesday is the theme. I'm not much for original thinking, so this week I was taken by the news that the top selling single in the UK in 2009 was "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga and the top selling album was "I Dreamed a Dream" by Susan Boyle! This just goes to show the diversity that is still there in the modern music market - these two women have vastly different styles, yet are both incredibly popular. So, as the old exam questions went - Lady Gaga and Susan Boyle; compare and contrast! (Answers on a separate sheet)!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. It was reported today in 1896 that who had discovered X-Rays?

  2. Actor Joe Flanigan (right) was born today in 1967 and played Colonel John Sheppard in which TV sci-fi series?

  3. Which country was renamed Democratic Kampuchea by the Khmer Rouge today in 1976?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Floyd Patterson; 2. REM; 3. Donald Campbell

My book "The Easy Quiz Master"
is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

5 comments:

AngelBaby said...

1. Wilhelm Conrad Rontgen
2. Major/Lt. Colonel John Sheppard in Stargate Atlantis
3. Democratic Kampuchea

I think it is fabulous that both of the are the most popular because they have so much talent.

Here's your click ...........

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Liggy said...

I was quite surprised myself about the popularity of these two singers. For one, Lady Gaga has managed to make hits out of a genre that I thought was pretty much gone...dance music like they used to play heavily in dance clubs. Guess it's not out yet. And Susan Boyle, I downloaded her album and loved it! She has a very beautiful voice. Kudos to them! And a click for your post!

Anonymous said...

Compare and contrast ... brings interest to otherwise mundane events. I like it!

Bud

Trina said...

I guessed number 2 without even peeking at AngelBaby's answers!

Lady Gaga and Susan Boyle... well they are both surprisingly popular despite their genre/appearance and Both of them are very talented. But yes they are so extremely different that I am surprised at their chart placing!

Happy Tuesday!
--Trina

Wolf said...

Although Lady Gaga is very talented, I'm not one fore the Dance club music genre. As far as Susan Boyle goes, I think she's one of the most awesomely talented people to be recognized in the last few years and I would like to see her continue to amaze everyone with her voice.

Clicks for you!
Wolf