Sunday 10 January 2010

Sport and Safety

This weekend, much of the British sporting schedule has been wiped out in the midst of our coldest spell for almost 30 years. The Premier League has been hit hard even though all bar two teams have under-soil heating (and Wigan's has failed)! Most of the cancellations are because of conditions outside the grounds, but this leads me to ask the question, "How do they manage in Green Bay, Chicago, Buffalo and several other places in the north USA where the conditions are much more severe than here?" It's a mystery to me!

Your Sunday questions are: -
  1. Who was born today in 1949 and has given his name to the "Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine"?

  2. Actor Bernard Lee (right) was born today in 1908 and played which character in the first 11 "Bond" films?

  3. Which river was crossed by Julius Caesar today in 49BC?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Pope John Paul II; 2. "Nip/Tuck"; 3. Queen Elizabeth

My book
"The Easy Quiz Master"

is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality site!
I was sure this would be a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Laurence Todd
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/Homepage/new-years-party-supplies.html]new years Party Supplies[/url].