Tuesday 26 January 2010

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #44

We're back to "Two Thoughts on a Tuesday" again...but this time I do have some thoughts buzzing around my head! It's now 14 months since I was made redundant with no real prospect of a job on the horizon. At my 'advanced' age of 51, how likely is it that I'll get a job with a substantial salary? Not very I think! The house is up for sale and I can raise funds from a deferred pension that I could 'cash in'. I have no idea what it is worth, but it might be enough to buy a narrow boat and I could live on that! This would substantially reduce my overheads, but could I downsize enough to fit on a boat that is 7 ft wide and maybe 50 - 60 ft long? I've expanded to fill all the space in my house and I'm no good at throwing things away!! So, do I rent somewhere and run out of money in maybe another 12 - 18 months (if no job comes along soon) or do I seriously downsize and live within my means? Watch this space!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Who married his first wife, Jane Wyman, today in 1940?

  2. In which country was rock musician Eddie Van Halen (right) born today in 1955?

  3. Which region of India was devastated by an earthquake today in 2001?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Virginia Woolf; 2. The Philippines; 3. Emmy Awards

My book
"The Easy Quiz Master"

is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.



Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

5 comments:

AngelBaby said...

1. Ronald Reagan
2. The Netherlands
3. Western region of India and it was a 7.9

I know how you feel about not having a job and running out of money. I went through that when I was 56. I did finally find the job that I still have today so there is hope for you to find something. You just have to look outside the box and you will find a new job. Good Luck to you.

Here's your click ......

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Anonymous said...

Pete, I am going through some similar times and I'm sixty-five. Guess we won't make a living blogging, huh?

Answers:

1. Ronald Reagan
2. The Netherlands
3. Gujarat

I hope you don't know all this stuff without Googling!

Here's your click.

Bud aka Older Eyes

Trina said...

I agree - I have to Google almost every one!

Pete, Times are tough for everyone and downsizing is sometimes important. I've recently started listing all kinds of stuff on Ebay and I've been surprised at what sells! Maybe that's something you could look into (extra cash always comes in handy no matter what the situation!) The very most important thing to remember is that no matter what happens, things will change... Change is inevitable so enjoy everything that comes you way.

BTW - I think living on a boat sound awesome!! Travel... Adventure... new sites to see...

Happy Tuesday!
--Trina

Liggybee said...

I'm sure things will pick back up soon. I hope you are able to find some paid work you could pass the time with and not have to sell stuff you might want later...the economy goes up and down all the time. Keep the faith!

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Pete,
I hope it all works out for you :)
I lived on a sailboat for sometime and had a lot of fun! I'm with Liggy hang in there, Keep the faith.

Have a great week!
Wolf