Monday 5 October 2009

Tracey Emin to Quit UK Over Tax?

I've been a fan of Tracey Emin (mainly for her attitude as I'm not an arty type normally), but I can't agree with her view that she will soon be overtaxed. If she earns over £150,000 per year then her taxes should go up to help pay for those of us who are less well off. (Imagine the tax bills of footballers who get £150,000 PER WEEK.) She reckons that about 65% of what she earns will go to the government...well I think that's fine; I know I'd like to earn enough to be paying that rate of tax!

Your Monday questions are: -
  1. Entrepreneur Ray Kroc, who was born today in 1902, founded which fast food chain?

  2. The British airship R101 (right) crashed in which country today in 1930 on it's maiden overseas flight to Karachi?

  3. Who was born today in 1975 and won the Best Actress Oscar for her role in the 2008 film "The Reader"?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Anne Rice; 2. Kazakhstan; 3. "Ben Hur"

No comments: