Friday 9 October 2009

EDF World Half Marathon - Birmingham

On Sunday the EDF World Half Marathon Championship is taking place in Birmingham, which is great news for the city. However, there's a slight problem for me - I live inside the circuit, so for several hours on Sunday I'll be a 'prisoner' in my own neighbourhood! Actually it's not such a problem as I've no plans for going anywhere on Sunday. I called the hotline to find out what arrangements had been made if I needed to use my car, but we've only just had the details through out letterboxes today! As long as I remember to get all my food before the day I should be alright (I can still go to the local Co-op as well!)

Your Friday questions are: -
  1. Which memorial garden to John Lennon opened in New York today in 1985 on what would have been his 45th birthday?

  2. Scottish actor Alastair Sim (right) was born today in 1900 and played the headmistress in the first two films about which school?

  3. Which Swedish golfer and winner of ten LPGA Major titles was born today in 1970?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Corporal Alvin C York (later Sergeant); 2. "Gorillas in the Mist"; 3. Pakistan (Kashmir)

No comments: