Wednesday 14 October 2009

How My Car Keeps Running

Following on from yesterday's post, I found this article on the BBC's West Midlands page! I currently have a Rover 75 which I bought less than a year ago (on eBay!) and I'd always assumed that parts would be available for quite some time to come. Well, that's true, but I'd not realised how much effort has gone into ensuring this is the case! Some of the tooling and machinery has been shipped to China as everything at MG Rover was bought by Chinese car maker Nanjing. Thankfully, all seems to be well!

Your Wednesday questions are: -
  1. Which battle was fought at Senlac Hill today in 1066?

  2. Who made the first supersonic flight in his Bell-X1 rocket plane (right), nicknamed 'Glamorous Glennis', today in 1947?

  3. Who was born today in 1946 and joined the Moody Blues as singer in 1966?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Margaret Thatcher; 2. Teal'c; 3. Claudius

No comments: