Tuesday 20 April 2010

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #56

This week we're back to "Two Thoughts on a Tuesday" at BlogDumps. I've been trying to thin out the 'stuff' in my house for when I move (as soon as someone buys the house!) I have quite a few vinyl albums, which I've not played for years, but I'm finding it difficult to get rid of them. I've looked on eBay and none of them are worth much, so they'll have to go...but to a charity shop; I just couldn't bin them, that wouldn't be right! I don't know what I'll do when I get around to my books...there are lots more of them! How is it that something that has been created with such care and effort can become so valueless? It just doesn't seem right to me!

Your Tuesday questions are: -

  1. Who gave his "Rivers of Blood" speech at the Midland Hotel, Birmingham today in 1968?

  2. Actor Leslie Phillips (right) was born today in 1924 and provides the voice for what in the "Harry Potter" films?

  3. Which former World Champion darts player was born today in 1967 in the Netherlands?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. "Advance Australia Fair"; 2. French Open; 3. Salyut 1

My book "The Easy Quiz Master"
is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

6 comments:

AngelBaby said...

Boy oh boy can I feel for you, I keep thinning out my stuff but it seem to grow more stuff so I still have a lot of stuff! You just can't win when it comes to stuff!

Here's your click ...

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Unknown said...

its really bad..when u effort or hard work to creat smthng after dat it becomes worthless...To enhance ur joy, come at Stevens Point Hotel

Anonymous said...

Hey, Pete -

I have three boxes of old vinyl in a storage bin that I can't part with ... some pretty old, but like you say, worth little on ebay. My wife bought me a turntable that converts them to MP3s but I've only done about a dozen (of hundreds!). At least my books can go to the library.

Click ... Bud aka Older Eyes

Cacai M. said...

You've got a click (from me)!

Thanks for sharing. Wow, I hope I can have some of your books. ;-) So you are leaving soon when someone buys your house huh. Good luck to it and to the books and vinyl. Try amazon and listia too. Perhaps it would count or just bring it on where you going, I guess (or give it me.. lol.. just kidding). Your questions seems intriguing. I can't have an answer of those without researching it first.

So then, have a great Tuesday! Come and visit My TTOT 3.. See yah.. ~hugs~

Wolfbernz said...

Hey Pete,

Yeah it is awful when old treasures are deemed "worthless" At least by donating them someone would get them and appreciate them.

Clicks!
Wolf

Trina said...

Donating them to a curiosity shop is good, but maybe try listing the collection in a local newspaper and find them a good home - kinda like adopting a pet ;)

I'm all about getting rid of stuff - ask everyone around me. If I stare at it too long and it's unused and taking up space unnecessarily, it's got to go.

Happy Tuesday!
--Trina