Monday 2 November 2009

Safer and More Efficient Operations

Every now and then I come across a news story that truly amazes me...and this is one such story. I'm not amazed at the actual content, rather I'm amazed that this sort of planning and procedural work for streamlining, and making operations safer as well, (called Productive Theatre) wasn't implemented years ago! Getting airline pilots and car plant workers in hospitals to provide the templates and protocols for ensuring that all equipment is in the right place at the right time (and the patient as well!) seems to be common sense and I'm gobsmacked that it hasn't been done sooner! (I'm also curious to see whether we in Britain are leading the field or whether, as usual, the rest of the world has been doing this for years)!

Your Monday questions are: -
  1. Which rap singer was born Cornell Haynes Jr. today in 1974?

  2. What was the nickname of the largest fixed wing plane ever built (right) that took its maiden, and only, flight today in 1947?

  3. Which French Queen was born today in 1755 and reputedly said the phrase, "Let them eat cake"?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Lisbon; 2. 9; 3. Spencer Perceval

No comments: