Tuesday 17 November 2009

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #34

This week's theme is - Two Random Things About Yourself. Well, where to start? Now here's a thing, I like playing golf (not well, my handicap is 19) and, with friends William and Andrew, jointly own a narrowboat (Emma Jane - below)The thing is, though, I don't know of many people who have both as hobbies (although having said this I'll probably find lots more!) I've played golf with many other people and only ever met one other narrowboat owner. Maybe it's because both take up an awful amount of time and so it's not possible to dedicate enough time to both to satisfy most people or perhaps the competitive edge to golf is at odds with the leisurely, tranquil idyll that is the world of the English waterways. Or just maybe, it's because I don't like too much of anything in particular so I'm happy to split my leisure time and don't get bored of either!!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Who became Queen of England today in 1558?

  2. Martin Scorsese (right) was born today in 1942 and won the Oscar for Best Director for which 2006 film?

  3. Which two countries began the SALT I talks in Helsinki today in 1969?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Paris; 2. "Rocky"; 3. Corey Pavin


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it! Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

3 comments:

AngelBaby said...

Well your golf score is much better than mine. I took golf in college and the professor said there was no hope for me. Oh well, should I tell you who the professor was, it does make it allot funnier. LOL!

Here's your click ......

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Trina said...

I am terrible at golf, but that boat looks like so much fun!!

Happy Tuesday!!
--Trina

Wolfbernz said...

I was never any good at golf, but I could drive the golf cart and man the beer well!

I do like a good boat ride too!

Clicks!
Wolf