Tuesday 10 November 2009

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #33

This week's theme is Favourite Board Games. No prizes for guessing my favourite - yes it's Trivial Pursuit! I got this as a Christmas present when it first came out in the UK and played it regularly for many years, usually on a Saturday night with friends over several beers/glasses of wine! It was during these sessions I realised that I enjoyed asking questions more than actually answering them! Ultimately this lead on to me on to becoming a quiz master at a couple of local pubs - amazingly, in three weeks time I'll have been doing the quiz at the Bull's Head for NINE years!!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Who reputedly said, "Doctor Livingston, I presume", today in 1871?

  2. Musician and politician Screaming Lord Sutch (right) was born today in 1940 and founded which political party in 1983?

  3. This Russian city was renamed Volgograd today in 1961, what was its previous name?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Gary Kasparov; 2. "Contact"; 3. Edward VII


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

8 comments:

Alice said...

Congratulations, quiz master on your ninth year as one! Here's a click for you!

AngelBaby said...

Congrats, wow, quiz master! Now I know why I don't have any of the answers for these questions. LOL!

You don't have your button on here, how can I give you a click?

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

PS I will just look for you last one and click it!

Liggybee said...

What a fitting game for a QuizMaster! I love Trivial Pursuit, too.

(Click for you!)

Liggybee said...

Like Angelbaby, I'm going to your last TST post and click there! (You must've been excited thinking about the game...lol!)

PetesQuiz said...

OOps...I did forget the button in all my excitement at being first to post!! Thanks for reminding me!!

Pete

Wolfbernz said...

Hey Pete! Glad you liked your shirt! Seems to take forever for overseas shipments!

Great choice in games, gosh I haven't played trivial pursuit in a very long time!

Happy Tuesday!
Clicks for You!
Wolf

Trina said...

How awesome is that! Congrats at being a quiz master for 9 years! Time really flies when you are having fun!

Oh, and I did guess #3 before I cheated and looked at the next post! ;)

--Trina

Trina said...

How awesome is that! Congrats at being a quiz master for 9 years! Time really flies when you are having fun!

Oh, and I did guess #3 before I cheated and looked at the next post! ;)

--Trina