Tuesday 4 August 2009

World Leaders Day?

Coincidences are fantastic and make life much more interesting! Today is the birthday of current World Leaders - Barack Obama (USA; 1961), Frederik Reinfeldt (Sweden; 1965) and José Luis Rodríguez Zapatero (Spain; 1960)! It is also the birth date for former World Leaders - David Lange (New Zealand; 1942) and Abdurrahman Wahid (Indonesia; 1940). Other politicians born today include Ted Strickland (Governor of Ohio; 1941), Vicente Alberto Álvarez Areces (Asturias; 1943), Alberto Gonzales (Former US Attorney General; 1955) and several other lesser lights. Strange, but true!

Tuesday's questions are: -
  1. To what did the African Republic of Upper Volta change its name, today in 1984?

  2. What was the birth name of the Queen Mother (right) who was born today in 1900?

  3. Which athlete was born today in 1958 and tripped over Zola Budd in the 3000 metres at the 1984 Olympic Games?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. PD James; 2. Michael ; 3. Rupert Brooke


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

4 comments:

AngelBaby said...

Very good. You see my birthday is July 26th I am a leo too!

Here's your click ......

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

maat45 said...

Interesting to see that not only were those world leaders born on the same day but each in the first half of that decade!

And hey, I think I might have the quiz today...lol.

1) Burkina Faso (sp?)

2) Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (and born at Glamis, about 20 miles from my (original) home!

3) Poor Mary Decker..and Zola did! LOL

Clicks, Pete!

Wolfbernz said...

I wish I was as good as Nancy!!!

The more I visit your blog the better I will become at trivia games.
Have a great Tuesday!

Wolf

Trina said...

Congratulations Nancy! I was clueless to all of these! Yes, I was inclined to Google the answers, but you got it!

Happy Tuesday Pete - I do love the birthday coincidences!

Click-Click!
--Trina