Thursday 13 August 2009

UK Jobless Total - 2.4 Million

Unfortunately, I'm one of those 2.4 million and I live in the area with the highest percentage of people out of work - Birmingham! Am I down hearted? Quite frankly, yes! However, I'll just keep sending off my CV, trying to get my quiz book published, get my film idea to a producable state and explore other avenues to generate an income! One thing to remember, though, if there are 7.8% of people unemployed that means that 92.2% are in work! That's still a lot of people with jobs!

Your Thursday teasers are: -
  1. Who was born today in 1970 and was the first footballer to score 200 Premier League goals?

  2. Archbishop Makarios III (right) was born today in 1913 and became the first President of which country in 1960?

  3. Opha Mae Johnson was the first woman to enlist in which branch of the US Military today in 1918?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Wing Commander Guy Gibson VC; 2.14; 3. Cleopatra

1 comment:

maat45 said...

1) ??

2) Cyprus

3) US Marine Corps

And may I say congrats, Pete, for winning the Tuesday Challenge! Yaaayyyy for you!