Tuesday 18 August 2009

BlogDumps - Top Sites Tuesday #21

This week's theme is favourite quotes. Again there are so many to choose from so I've restricted myself to just a couple from arguably the best footballer to have come from the British Isles - yes, Belfast born George Best! He lived his life to the full, retired from football too early, partied too much and died too young, but he gave pleasure to millions and, for those of us who started watching football in the sixties, the line-up of Best, Charlton and Law still brings back great memories!

Anyway, the two quotes that I like and sum him up best are:-
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."
And as befits a man who would regularly fail to turn up for matches and other events - "I used to go missing a lot....Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World...."!

Your Tuesday teasers are: -
  1. Astronomer Asaph Hall discovered the moon Phobos, today in 1877, orbiting which planet?

  2. Which film festival was co-founded by Robert Redford (right) who was born today in 1936?

  3. Ricky Villa was born today in 1952 in Argentina and scored Wembley's 'Goal of the Century' for which team in the 1981 FA Cup Final replay?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Turkey; 2. 2 ("The Godfather Part II" & "Raging Bull"); 3. Davy Crockett



Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

4 comments:

AngelBaby said...

I think I only know one of these and that is

2. the film festival in Europe somewhere. I think it is the Kann festival, maybe. LOL!

Here's your click...........

Trina said...

Gosh, I though #2 would be the Sundance festival LOL!

Love your quotes! I think "I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." is my absolute favorite though!

Happy Tuesday!
--Trina

Stacy said...

i like the first one

Wolfbernz said...

I have to agree the first quote is great!!!

Happy Tuesday
Wolf