Wednesday 24 February 2010

Plane Spotters in Trouble

I don't think I'll ever understand it - by 'it' I mean Plane Spotting! Every few years a group of Brits will get arrested in foreign lands for plane spotting and they always seem surprised! If a group of foreign nationals armed with cameras, binoculars, laptop and an air traffic control scanner were apprehended near any of our airports, they would be locked up and closely interrogated...and quite rightly so! To me, Plane Spotting and Train Spotting are childhood pursuits to interest youngsters about the world around them - I myself had "I-Spy" books in my youth - but to carry on such an endeavour into adulthood is weird! As long as they do no harm its OK by me, but they shouldn't be surprised (nor expect our help) when they get arrested!!

Your Wednesday questions are: -
  1. Who married Courtney Love on Waikiki Beach, Hawaii today in 1992?

  2. What nationality is four-time Formula 1 World Champion driver Alain Prost (right) who was born today in 1955?

  3. What was the first use of nylon that went on sale today in 1938?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Juan Manuel Fangio; 2. Enola Gay (Hiroshima); 3. Richard Sharpe

My book
"The Easy Quiz Master"

is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.

No comments: