Tuesday 9 February 2010

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #46

It's "Two Thoughts on a Tuesday" at BlogDumps again...and I don't have even one at the moment. I've spent the last couple of weeks marking GCSE exam papers and my mind is a blank! For all those who say modern exams are much easier than "in my day", I can say that's complete rubbish! Sure the exams are structured differently, but they do test out fully the pupil's reasoning skills, memory and logic. And for those people that say today's kids are less intelligent than in years gone by...again, that's rubbish! There's a full range of abilities displayed from all the candidates, the future should be safe!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Who was the first British born astronaut to perform a space walk today in 1995?

  2. Actor Clive Swift (right) was born today in 1936 and played Richard Bucket in which UK TV sitcom?

  3. Which group made their first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show" today in 1964?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Jules Verne; 2. "The Odd Couple"; 3. John Williams

My book
"The Easy Quiz Master"

is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

5 comments:

AngelBaby said...

1. Michael Foale
2. Keeping Up Appearances
3. The Beatles (tooooo easy!)


I agree that the children today are just wonderful and we can look forward to a great future!

Here's your click .....

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Trina said...

I agree with you, kids today are smart - they just have different smarts than the "in my day" folks. I think the only difference really is physical motivation - now kids don't have to do so much physically because everything is run by computers.

Happy Tuesday!
--Trina

Wolfbernz said...

I know one this week it is the Beatles!
Kids are smart today everything evolves, exams, the way we are taught, etc... I agree with you Pete, I think our future is going to be ok.

Liggybee said...

It's good to hear you say something positive about today's youth. Yes, they are quite smart! We just need to guide them to use those smarts in the right direction and not let them allow automation to take the place of real problem solving.

Anonymous said...

1. Dr. Michael Foale
2. Keeping Up Appearances
3. The Beatles, of course

Regarding younger students, in my field (engineering) the graduates aren't as well schooled in the fundamentals and have higher career expectations, regardless of their ability. Maybe that's a U.S. thing

Here's your click,

Bud aka Older Eyes