Tuesday 16 February 2010

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #47

This week's theme is "What Do You Most Like About Where You Live?" Well, there's not really enough space here to go into great detail, but I'll try to give you a flavour of my part of Stirchley which is a suburb of Birmingham. I live in a terraced house on quiet street and I can see the Cadbury chocolate factory peeking over the embankment that carries both the canal and railway line. Just round the corner is my favourite cafe where you will find me on most weekday mornings! There's a great pub nearby, the recently restored British Oak which is now thriving again after a few years in the doldrums! My favourite balti restaurant, Yasser's, is also within easy walking distance! Everything you need within a few hundred yards, it's just a shame that I have to move away!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Who became Prime Minister of Cuba today in 1959?

  2. Singer and actor Sonny Bono (right) was born today in 1935 and was a member of the US House of Representatives for which state?

  3. American scientist Wallace H Carothers was granted a US Patent for which product today in 1937?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Decimal Coinage; 2. "Doctor Quinn: Medicine Woman"; 3. Graham Hill

My book
"The Easy Quiz Master"

is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.

6 comments:

AngelBaby said...

I don't know if I would be able to move away from there. I hope you find a place just as lovely.

Here's your click.......

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Liggy said...

I hope that where you move to is just as entertaining...sounds like this place would never bore you!

Here's your click, too!

Liggy

Anonymous said...

Pete - Nice post ... I loved the links, which gave me a nice view of the place. Answers:

1. Fidel Castro (who knew, I thought his title was Dictator!)

2. California (We go by Sonny Bono Avenue on our way to Arizona in Palm Springs)

3. Hmmm. Linear Condensation Polymers. Neoprene I think. He committed suicide two month after the patent was granted.

Here's your click.

Bud aka Older Eyes

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Pete

I guess it would be cool to have everything you need just a short distance away.
Good luck in finding a new place.

Clicks for you!

Wolf

Trina said...

I hope to visit your side of the world some day, I do hope you find a new place that you like just as much!

Clicks!
--Trina

PetesQuiz said...

Thanks all! I don't intend to move too far (hopefully still in Birmingham), but it probably won't be as nice!