Tuesday 1 December 2009

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #36

This Tuesday's theme is - Your Favourite Photograph or Image. There were so many to choose from amongst the ones I've taken over the years, but I've chosen this one (taken in the Summer of 2007) as I think it is the best shot of our narrowboat Emma Jane that I've managed to take in the 29 years I've been going on canal holidays! (Click on the photo to see it fully)

It was taken on Chirk Aqueduct on the Llangollen Canal. I was hoping for a train to go by on the viaduct behind, which would have made it perfect! William was steering the boat as it was his turn that morning. Behind me is Chirk Tunnel which is only a few yards beyond the end of the aqueduct and a couple of miles further along is the magnificent Pontycysyllte Aqueduct (now a UNESCO World Heritage Site)!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Who refused to give up her bus seat to a white man in Montgomery, Alabama today in 1955?

  2. What is the nickname of Bette Midler (right) who was born today in 1945?

  3. Where did Englishman Graham Fagg meet Frenchman Phillippe Cozette today in 1990?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Crystal Palace; 2. Benson Du Bois; 3. Winston Churchill

The Easy Quiz Master is available from Amazon and Lulu.



Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!
The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

6 comments:

AngelBaby said...

Great picture, I love that boat. It is just great! I don't have the answers but I do remember all of them happening, I hate to say it but all of them in my life time.

Here's your click ......

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

rubyslippers said...

Cool boat. Great shot! CLick!

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Pete!

Cool boat... The canal looks so skinny it must be hard to navigate and keep from hitting the side. It does look like a fun ride and a train would have been neat to see but I like it just the same.

Clicks for you!
Wolf

Trina said...

What an awesome picture! That's what a narrow boat is for? It's awesome! No wonder you like it so much!

1) Rosa Parks

2) not sure

3)Really not sure

At least I got the first one right away!

Clicks!
--Trina

Liggybee said...

That's a great shot, Pete! I like the way the perspective of it points to the upper left corner instead of towards the center. It gives it more depth and a feeling of gravitation - like the boat gravitating towards you. Really cool! I like it!

Clicks!

Liggybee said...

I forgot to click...just like you forgot to put it there the first time - LOL! But I came back to give you my vote! :D