Wednesday 19 May 2010

Smallpox Vaccine and HIV

If true, and it looks like it is, it would appear that the smallpox vaccine actually helped to slow down HIV infection! This is remarkable! It just goes to show how complex nature is and how there are consequences after the extinction of a 'species'. Obviously more research is required, but this information does explain the rise in HIV infection in Africa, mirroring the reduction in smallpox vaccinations, over the same period!

Your Wednesday questions are:-
  1. Which Vietnamese leader was born today in 1890?

  2. Who sang "Happy Birthday" to President Kennedy (right) today in 1962?

  3. Singer songwriter Jenny Berggren was born today in 1972 in Sweden and is a member of which pop group?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Nicholas II; 2. Yes; 3. Detonate an Atom Bomb


My book "The Easy Quiz Master"
is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.

1 comment:

Liggybee said...

I think I can finally answer one of your questions, Pete! I think #2 is Marilyn Munroe. Am I right? I guess I have to check back tomorrow to find out... ;)