Tuesday 4 May 2010

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #58

Its Tuesday, so its time for Two Thoughts on Tuesday for the BlogDumps theme! On this day in 1979, Margaret Thatcher was elected Prime Minister; in 1996 José Aznar was elected Spanish Prime Minister and in 2000 Ken Livingstone became the first elected Mayor of London. And now in 2010 we are now almost at the end of the UK General Election campaigns and we can cast our votes on Thursday, but I'm still not sure who to vote for! It won't be Labour (I've had no leaflets through the door); it won't be BNP (far too right wing and racist!); it won't be the Christian Party (some policies similar to the BNP); it won't be the Green Party (too anti science); it won't be UKIP (they want to pull out of Europe and have Britain go it alone in the World)! So I'm left with Nigel Dawkins (Conservative) who is my local councillor (never claimed expenses) and is a regular in my local cafe and David Radcliffe (Liberal Democrat) who lives in the next street to me (and they have the best policy on the National Health Service). Oh well, maybe I'll toss a coin...or maybe I'll go for the leader with the best hair!!

Your Tuesday questions are:-
  1. Which Royal Navy ship was destroyed by an Exocet missile fired from an Argentinean plane today in 1982?

  2. Hosni Mubarak (right) was born today in 1928 and is President of which Middle Eastern country?

  3. Which horse race was first run at Epsom today in 1780?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Dollywood; 2. Jamaica; 3. Rob Brydon

My book "The Easy Quiz Master"
is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

4 comments:

AngelBaby said...

Sorry Pete just tooo tired to think of the answers. So as who to vote for well I can't help you there, just vote for the best one.

Here's you click ....

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Pete,

Yeah, Voting is always difficult. I say the flip of a coin is probibaly your best bet ;)

Happy Tuesday!
Wolf

Trina said...

Your Political elections sound much different than ours! We really only have to choose between 2 parties - Republican or Democrat. I would be totally confused with so many parties to choose from, or I would have a ton of research to do LOL

Clicks!!
--Trina

Anonymous said...

I, on the other hand, would love to have more of a choice in our elections. With our two major party system, I'm always voting for the lesser of two evils ... but maybe it's just the lesser of seven evils for you.

Click ... Bud aka Older Eyes