Saturday 31 January 2009

Slightly Tweaked Format

The eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed a slight change of format to my posts. I originally started this to showcase some quiz questions that would interest and challenge you about events/birthdays from 'This Day in History'. As the weeks have gone by I've tried to include topical events to express my views and also to help get a better search engine listing. (Don't really know what I'm doing, but it seemed like a good idea at the time!!).
As I tend to waffle on a bit, the questions seemed to get a bit lost, so now they stand out a bit more. After all that's why I started this endeavour. Any comments gratefully received!

Without further ado...THE QUESTIONS: -

  1. Today in 2001, in a Scottish court sitting in Holland, Abdelbasset al-Megrahi was convicted of what?

  2. What was the title of the only solo UK Number 1 single for Justin Timberlake (right), who was born today in 1981?

  3. Which five-funnelled steamship, designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel, was launched today in 1858 at Millwall?

Yesterday's Answers: 1. Shalamar; 2. "The Prestige"; 3. Oliver Cromwell

No comments: