Saturday 17 January 2009

A Question of Genius

This morning I was up and out early for a 9 o'clock appointment at the BBC Studios at the Mailbox here in Birmingham. I'd had a call the previous evening and, after answering some difficult questions, I was invited to an audition for a new daytime BBC quiz show - A Question of Genius.

There were 7 of us at the audition where we did the obligatory 60 - 90 seconds to camera saying who we are and why we think we'd make good contestants - I hate that, I'm just not lively enough!

Anyway, after playing some of the proposed rounds we were all let go back to the real world after a couple of hours. All I can say is that I think it will be a very good quiz show. The questions are NOT easy, but strategy and luck at the right stage are just as important. I enjoyed the experience, it was good fun, but whether I get on the show is a matter of luck now! (I've previously failed to get on "Eggheads", "1 vs. 100", "The Great Pretender" and "Wogan's Perfect Recall" so I'm not holding my breath!!)

Here we go, today's brain teasers: -


  1. True or False – Jim Carrey and Andy Kaufman, whom he played in the 1999 film “Man on the Moon”, were both born today?
  2. What was the title of the 2008 UK No 1 single by Kid Rock (pictured right with Pamela Anderson in 2003) who was born today in 1971?

  3. Who led the second team to reach the South Pole today in 1912?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Vatican City (Holy See); 2. M; 3. Sade

No comments: