Sunday 18 January 2009

New Year, More Golf

Now that the weather is a little better here in the English Midlands, I've been out playing golf (today and last Sunday). Having not played since 1st November, I've surprised myself by playing quite well after such a long lay-off. In fact both times I've been only 3 shots over my handicap! Last week I lost 2 & 1 to my good friend Dave at Widney Manor, but today I extracted revenge by winning 2 & 1 at Kilworth Springs. A new course for us both and well worth the 45 mile drive to get there.

On with today's questions: -
  1. In which country was Peter Roget, creator of the first Thesaurus, born today in 1779?
  2. Kevin Costner (right), who was born today in 1955, won two Oscars for which 1990 film?
  3. What was Eugene Ely the first pilot to do today in 1911 in San Francisco Bay?
  4. Who is the West Ham and England goalkeeper that was born today in 1980?

Yesterday's Answers: 1. True (Andy Kaufman 1949; Jim Carrey 1962); 2. "All Summer Long"; 3. Captain Robert F Scott

No comments: