Wednesday 24 June 2009

Science Fiction Author in £1 Million Deal

As a fan of Science Fiction (SF) it is good to see an author get such a fantastic advance. I've not read much by Alistair Reynolds, but it is heartening to see that publishers will still pay good money to authors. It should be noted that the £1 million is for TEN books, not just the one! He even has his own blog and Wikipedia entry.

Wednesday's questions
are: -
  1. Where did Robert the Bruce defeat Edward II of England today in 1314?

  2. Curt Smith (right), who was born today in 1961, and Roland Orzabal founded which 1980's band?

  3. Which 5-time Formula 1 World Champion was born in Argentina today in 1911?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Zizou; 2. "Rockferry"; 3. Paris

1 comment:

maat45 said...

1) Flodden! (I'd better know this one, Pete!)

2) Tears for Fears (one of my fav '80's bands...and whatever happened to them?)

3) The only Formula 1 racers I remember (besides the Brits) are Juan Fangio and Emerson Fitipaldi..I think one is Argentinian and the other Brazilian but I can't think of which is which! Except I don't think Fitipaldi is that old)