Tuesday 16 June 2009

Judie Tzuke - 30 Years On

It is almost 30 years since one of the best songs of all time was in the British singles charts - "Stay with Me Till Dawn" by the fantastic Judie Tzuke! Although it never reached the Top 10, in 2002 it was voted the 39th Best British Song by listeners of BBC Radio 2 (one place above "Life on Mars" by David Bowie)! Since 1979, Judie has released 16 studio albums, 5 live albums and there are 5 compilations...all can be found here.

Thirty years on Judie is still producing excellent music through her own record label (Big Moon Records), collaborating with many other artists and her daughter Bailey has already had a Top 10 hit ("Uninvited" with Freemasons) with a debut album imminent!

Anyway onto Tuesday's teasers
: -
  1. In which city did ballet dancer Rudolf Nureyev defect today in 1961?

  2. Golfer Old Tom Morris (right) who was born at St Andrews today in 1821, went on to win the Open Golf Championship how many times?

  3. Which film comedian was born today in 1890 in Ulverston, England?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. OJ Simpson; 2. "As Good As It Gets"; 3. Norway

Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

6 comments:

maat45 said...

1) Paris

2) You got me, Pete! (And me being raised only ten miles from the Old Royal and Ancient..tut, tut!)

3) Stan Laurel

Anonymous said...

Damn, I just realized I know nothing! Can't answer your quiz to save my life, yikes!

Will check out your recommended song though.

PetesQuiz said...

Thanks for dropping by! They're not meant to be easy - although maat45 gets most of them on most days.

My aim is to make you think a bit - for example, I knew that Rudolf Nureyev defected to the West in the 60's, but didn't know where it had happened (being a Brit I'd assumed London!!)

Answers tomorrow!

Pete

Wolfbernz said...

How do you know all this stuff!?
It's a good thing I don't play trivia...lol
The video was awesome!

Happy Tuesday!

AngelBaby said...

Ok, you got me again, interesting stuff though. I am just not much of a trivia person. Thanks for sharing that wonderful song, I really enjoyed it.

here's your click ...........

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

maat45 said...

Pete...I'm wondering how I missed hearing this song before (was temporarily living back in Scotland in '81-'85)!! Great song, loved the video accompanying it. Clicks to you!