Tuesday 30 March 2010

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #53

This week we're back to "Two Thoughts on a Tuesday" and usually I don't even have one! Anyway, my first thought (or moan) is directed at Google Blogger. They've changed the layout of the page for uploading blogs and certain features (which I found very useful!) have disappeared! The most annoying is that I now can't resize the pictures to the size I like best. Previously pictures could be resized to any size; I like small pictures as they are just a minor part of my quiz. But now there are only five sizes available and what you see is the smallest of them! The spell checker has also disappeared! Why is it that all too often change does not necessarily happen for the better? Oh well, Here are the questions to cheer you up!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Which cartoon character hit his first home run today in 1996?

  2. Canadian singer Celine Dion (right) was born today in 1968 and won the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest representing which country?

  3. Who was born today in 1930 and has the catchphrase "Can you tell what it is yet"?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. John Major; 2. Cuba; 3. Mercury

My book "The Easy Quiz Master"
is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.




Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!
The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it! Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here. See who Tweeted this Post!

7 comments:

Liggy said...

Pete, you can still use the old editor if you want. Just go to the Basic Settings in your Blogger Dashboard. It's all the way down at the bottom of the page. Select the old post editor if you don't want to use the new one. Don't forget to save the settings! :)

PetesQuiz said...

Thanks, I've done that now! I just wish that when these organisations make changes that they would make it easier to change back!

Pete

AngelBaby said...

Great post, I feel the same way - sometimes instead of making it better, they make it worse.

Here's your click. ......

Love and blessings,
AngelBaby

Liggybee said...

OMG! I thought I accidentally deleted my first comment (which I have done more than once while posting a blog!) Oh well, glad you were able to get the setting fixed :)

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Pete
Sorry you are having trouble but it's nice you found a fix. If you get real tired of blogger you can always make a new blog on BlogDumps.
You could write me and hassle me about the changes...LOL

Wolf
Clicks for you!

Trina said...

Sometimes changes suck. I am often disgruntled when Wordpress send out an update that I think is more confusing than it's worth! But I have to adapt and overcome (and Google my frustrations to find a solution)

Ok... is question #2 a trick question?

Clicks!
--Trina

Anonymous said...

Wow. Tough questions:

1. Yogi Bear ?????
2. France
3. Rolf Harris

Way to go Liggy!

Click!

Bud aka Older Eyes