Tuesday 9 March 2010

BlogDumps Top Sites Tuesday #50

It's Tuesday again and it's time for BlogDumps "Two Thoughts on a Tuesday"! Sandra Bullock has done it...she's completed an unprecedented double by winning the Razzie for Worst Actress and, next day, winning the Oscar for Best Actress! Which set me to thinking...how can one person be both the best and worst in their profession at the same time? Movies mystify me. How do great actors make bad films? How can great directors make absolute turkeys? How does a great script end up as a flop? Obviously even film makers don't know the answer to that, but it is a real mystery and Sandra Bullock's twin awards just set me to thinking...! So if anyone can shed any light on this conundrum please let me know...I'm sure Hollywood would pay us good money for it!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Which Six Nations Grand Slam winning England captain was born today in 1970?

  2. What is the full name of Barbie (right) who made her first appearance at the American Toy International Fair today in 1959?

  3. Which author was born today in 1918 and created the character Mike Hammer?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Ronald Reagan; 2. Keane; 3. Queen Anne

My book
"The Easy Quiz Master"

is available NOW from Amazon and Lulu.


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments
View More Top Sites Tuesday Participants on Technorati here.
See who Tweeted this Post!

8 comments:

Trina said...

Wow! A razzie and an oscar? Now that's talent. Maybe it just goes to show you that the folks in Hollywood really are clueless...

I didn't know Barbie had a full name?!? I thought she was just Barbie!

PetesQuiz said...

Before I researched this, I didn't know Barbie had a full name either!!

Liggy said...

Hmmm...you got me there, Pete! Hollywood is strange. I just wonder how Friday the 13th could deserve so many sequels!!!

Wolfbernz said...

LOL... That just goes to show you how people feel in different parts of the world, Hollywood is definitely different!

I don't know about Barbie, I never played with dolls...LOL

Happy Tuesday, Clicks for you!
Wolf

AngelBaby said...

I thing it is just amazing and goes to show all of us that we are not perfect. Sometime we do a great job and other times we are a flop. It is all about being Human!

Here's your click ....

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Anonymous said...

Pete -

I think a lot of times things (screenplays) look good on paper but don't translate well to the screen. Not every actor ... or agent ... can spot the ones that do. It is unusual to get a Razzie and an Oscar in the same year. probably end up on one of your quizes some day.

Click!

Bud aka Older Eyes

Cacai M. said...

Hi, cool thoughts... I wonder too.. but surely, am a big fan of her.. my all-time fave aside from Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry and Julia Roberts.. :-) .. it will soon be spring here in USA and summer there in yours? I hope you have a blast this Tuesday! ~hugs~

Cacai M. said...

Sorry I forgot to put my link should you like to follow me, here it is:

http://www.thoughts-ideas-resources.com/2010/03/my-two-thoughts-on-tuesday-ttot-1.html

~hugs~