Friday 26 December 2008

Village Life or City Life

For the first time in many years (at least 25!) I walked around the village of Scotter. This is where I grew up and in many ways, the place is still the same...yet there are many changes!
x
Two things struck me as I went for my stroll to the newsagent to get my EuroMillions tickets. Firstly, everyone who I passed on the pavement said, "Good Morning" - this doesn't happen in Birmingham!. The second thing was, as I approached the newsagent, a young man pulled up in his car and popped into the shop. As I passed his car I noticed that the engine was running and the car was empty!! Definitely wouldn't have happened in Brum!!

So, would I move back to a village? Not yet, I still love the city!

On to the Boxing Day questions: -
  1. The first recorded performance of which Shakespeare tragedy took place today in 1606?
  2. In which Middle Eastern country is the city of Bam that was devastated by an earthquake today in 2003?
  3. Which newsreader and host of the quiz show “Eggheads” was born today in 1957?


Yesterday's Answers: 1. Leona Lewis (2006), Girls Aloud (2002), Spice Girls (1996/97/98), Whitney Houston (1992), Winifred Atwell (1954); 2. Hilda Ogden; 3. Thomas Edison

No comments: