Monday 22 December 2008

Bull's Head Christmas Quiz Night

Only 2 days before Christmas and it's the Christmas Quiz at the Bull's Head. Each year it gets harder to write a Christmas Quiz as there are only a limited number of questions about Christmas and the festive season, but I think I've got a couple of new ones!

Last Thursday was the Colebrook Christmas Quiz, which went very well. As an extra prize I gave a bottle of wine to the team with the most amusing name...in my opinion! A team name that I have always liked is "I'm Not a Gynaecologist, But I'll Take a Look", but as it didn't have a Christmas theme they didn't win the prize. Another close one was "King Herod's Baby Sitting Circle", but in the end I gave the wine to "Feed the Scousers, Let Them Know It's Christmas" - suitably insulting and festive at the same time!!

It's question time again: -
  1. Managua is the capital of which Central American country that was struck by a powerful earthquake today in 1972 which killed over 5,000 people?
  2. Which fish that was believed to be long extinct was discovered today in 1938 off South Africa?
  3. Which singer/songwriter and model was born today in 1967 in Turin and married Nicolas Sarkozy in 2008?

    Yesterday's Answers: 1. Richard Reid; 2. "Nuts!"; 3. "Joe Le Taxi"

No comments: