Tuesday 7 July 2009

My Favourite Food or Dessert

This Tuesday's Blogdumps theme is somewhat of a challenge for me..there's so much I could choose from! Could it be Steak and Kidney Pie or Battered Haddock, Chips and Mushy Peas or Braised Liver and Onions or Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding or...well you get the idea! After much deliberation, my favourite food is a fresh Toasted Bacon Sandwich made by Jean at Bournville Lane Café (served with a Cup of Tea [No Milk!!] and some friendly banter with husband Derek)! Many a happy hour spent here discussing life and generally putting the world to rights!

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. Which French fashion designer was born today in 1922 near Venice, Italy?

  2. Jon Pertwee (right) was born today in 1919 and, after playing the third incarnation of "Doctor Who", went on to star as a scarecrow in which children's TV series?

  3. What was sold for the first time by the Chillicothe Baking Company today in 1928?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Singapore; 2. "Shine"; 3. United Kingdom (R34)



Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!
The purpose of this Meme is to encourage Networking between bloggers and to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

9 comments:

maat45 said...

Hey, Pete...Mmmmm! I knew I was going to find more favourites roaming around the bloggers, today! Steak and Kidney pie...and that lovely, lovely gravy! Mushy peas..aaahhh. And I love the sound of your cafe...hey, if I ever make it home maybe they'd let us have a Blogger's Special?? ;)

The Trivia:

1)Pierre Cardin

2) Oh, well...Worzel Gummidge..lol! With wonderful Aunt Sally...

3) Not a clue!

Loved your post..clicks for you!

AngelBaby said...

Well, you got me again, don't have a clue.

Here's your click .........

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Trina said...

"Battered Haddock, Chips and Mushy Peas"

Being from the US, I'm not really sure what that tastes like, but it does sound interesting! Now the toasted Bacon sandwich... It's lunch here and I'm totally starving!

Good thing Nancy knew the answers! I was going to cheat again! LOL

Happy Tuesday! Click-Click!
--Trina

Wolfbernz said...

I'm up for the bloggers special... I am ready to get in line!

I got #1 but the others I am stumped again!

After visiting Nancy #3 it must be sliced bread!?

Wolf

maat45 said...

Trina...come back, got some info for ya! We can't get to Pete's place but check out Go Fish in Rehoboth Beach. Yes, you HAVE to...fresh and hand cut Icelandic cod, beer battered. The best I've ever had away from the UK (and trust me, I've tried!)..and mushy peas...Yummm! Reasonably priced, you might meet Alison...the English owner (so it's all genuine!)and if you go and try the mushy peas remember this...add a splash of vinegar. You have to, to get the authentic taste....

Trina said...

Nancy,

Sounds like a trip to the beach is in order! Thanks for the heads-up!

--Trina

PetesQuiz said...

I'm glad to have been of service!! Cod is good, my personal preference is for Haddock, but there's not much to choose between them! Maybe today should be renamed 'Pig Out Tuesday'!! I'm still hungry for all this food on offer!

Cheers,
Pete

Anonymous said...

Toasted bacon sandwich? Would that be like having a BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato) sandwich? Sounds good though...my kids love bacon!

PetesQuiz said...

Hi Liggybee,

It's like most of my favourite foods - very simple. Two slices of toast, lightly buttered with 2 rashers of bacon. Must be eaten as fresh as possible and only really works well with white bread!

Cheers,
Pete