Tuesday 14 July 2009

Blogdumps - Top Sites Tuesday #16

As you may have guessed I like quizzes and trivia! I don't really enjoy going too deeply into a subject, I just love knowing a little about a lot of things. Sometimes I envy people who can get to grips with a topic and become an in depth expert, and then I'm amazed when it turns out that's all they seem to know!! It takes all sorts!

In keeping with today's "Two Topic" theme, I'll expand on my love of Judie Tzuke's music. I chose "Stay With Me Till Dawn" as my favourite song of hers as it is probably the most accessible and was her only chart hit - 30 years ago (July 1979). But 16 Studio Albums, 5 Live Albums and 5 Compilations she's still going strong. My two favourite songs of hers are "Understanding" and her cover of Jackson Browne's "Lives in the Balance". Have a look at her MySpace page for some up-to-date songs and her own website to maybe even purchase a CD or two (no, I'm not on commission!!) Judie has also been working with other artists such as Lucie Silvas, Morcheeba, Freemasons and many more including daughter Bailey! (And if you like a bit of Trance check this remix of "Don't Look Behind You" by American DJ Seth Hutton!)

Your Tuesday questions are: -
  1. How many prisoners were freed when the Bastille was stormed today in 1789 marking the start of the French Revolution?

  2. Gerald Ford (right), 38th President of the United States, was born with what name today in 1913?

  3. The so-called Football War started today in 1969 between which Central American countries?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Ruth Ellis; 2. HOLLYWOODLAND; 3. Ernö Rubik


Come Join Top Sites Tuesday and be #1 on BlogDumps!

The purpose of this Meme is to encourage
Networking between bloggers to have fun while doing it!
Make sure to visit all the other participants and leave comments

6 comments:

Maat said...

Busted on this one, Pete! Not a clue for any of them. BUT...I see you mentioned Jackson Browne!! Gosh, I'm a fan of his from way back..love his songs, love his politics, and his fiddler...wow! Now I have to go play on youtube until I can stay awake no longer..lol.

AngelBaby said...

Great songs, I haven't hear these in a long time. Thanks for sharing them.

As for the quiz well .........

Here's your click ..........

Love and Blessings,
AngelBaby

Trina said...

Ok..

1...
uh
2. Boy am I tempted to cheat on this one!
hmmm
3. I'm going out on a limb here and saying Brazil and, ummmm Equador?

Happy Tuesday!
Click-Click!
--Trina

PetesQuiz said...

Thanks to all who visited today - answers will appear in less than 4 hours time.

My apologies for not yet visiting your blogs - its been a hectic day and I've still got a quiz to present (and I haven't had my dinner yet!!) I will get round to paying you all a visit when time allows.

Cheers,
Pete

Wolfbernz said...

Pete, I'm late getting my comment in, but I was going to ask if #2 was a trinck question! Like "If the sky is blue what color is the sky?" LOL

Happy Tuesday!
Wolf

maat45 said...

Just read today's/tonight's quiz and answers for yesterday, Pete...now I remember about Gerald Ford...his mother remarried and his step-father adopted him and he took his stepdad's name...right?