Wednesday 11 August 2010

"Sherlock" Will Be Back!

I've never been a particular fan of Sherlock Holmes, but I've usually enjoyed the TV series and films when I've seen them. I very much enjoyed the Guy Ritchie directed film version earlier this year and I was very entertained by the BBC's new, modern day, version that has just finished it's first series of (only) three episodes! It was announced today that the producers have been given the green light to make more of them! I'm not sure yet when the next instalments will be broadcast, but I'll be waiting expectantly. What has impressed me most about the new series is that, although it is set in modern day London, it still has a 'Victorian' feel to it - helped by the fact that London is still a Victorian city!

Your Wednesday questions are:-
  1. In which Los Angeles suburb did large scale rioting begin today in 1965?

  2. What is the real name of wrestler Hulk Hogan (right) who was born today in 1953?

  3. Today in 1960, Chad declared independence from which country?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. London Wasps; 2. The Ronettes; 3. Antonio Banderas

No comments: