Friday 27 August 2010

I'm Done!!!

After almost 21 months of continuous daily blogging I'm having a rest. I'm not sure if I can be bothered to do this any more as it has become something of a 'fixed point' in my day! It all seems a bit pointless. If anyone would like me to carry on, please leave a comment and, if there are enough, I will resume blogging....but if not....then I'm gone!

Your Friday questions are:-
  1. In which country was the first flight of a jet powered aeroplane today in 1939?

  2. Australian mark Webber (right) was born today in 1976 and is currently a driver for which Formula 1 racing team?

  3. Who was born today in 1886 and composed "The Dambusters March"?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Captain James Cook; 2. 'The Man of a Thousand Faces'; 3. Pope John Paul I

7 comments:

Chris Mills said...

I have found your blog has become part of my day and you will be missed by many if you decide to stop. I've run Quiztime on the web since 2003, and believe me, you need a break now and again. I suggest you have a month off and then resume in the autumn. If you want to cut down convert to a weekly update of 7 questions. My contacts at Quiztime UK all use your blog as source of information and inspiration, many doing quizzes that raise money on charity nights. Enjoy a well earned rest, Chris

reywas said...

I agree I have found the site very useful indeed and will certainly miss your efforts.

Anonymous said...

I will certanly miss your daily blogs as I've relied on the up-to-date info for my weekly quizzes, your efforts have been most appreciated. I hope you change your mind on closing this website down, there will be quite a few quizmasters out there will be at a loss. Linda

Anonymous said...

If you decide to give up, I will miss your blog very much, its a great source of questions and inspiration from which I have made up rounds for my quizzes. But what ever you do enjoy your time and if you stop, I will bet in a few months you will miss the blog and be back, at least I and many others hope you will!!
Spainrick

Anonymous said...

I had not see your blog until today but its great... I agree with Chris above, perhaps change the format - maybe you just need a change - one a week would be good

Jill Bailey said...

Thanks to Chris, I have found your blog and wish I had discoverd it earlier!
Your unique questions are just what I'm looking for to help write my weekly quiz fundraising for Essex Air Ambulance.
I agree, everyone needs a break from time to time .. a pity you are thinking of giving up just when I've found you!
I hope you can reconsider and still assist even if you cut down to less frequent posting.
All the best

Anonymous said...

Wow neat! This is a really great site! I am wondering if anyone else has come across something
like this in the past? Keep up the great work!