Monday 11 May 2009

Martin Kendall Wins Soccer Saturday Super 6

Imagine my surprise in the early hours of yesterday. I'd just stumbled in from a pub crawl around Selly Oak and a Lamb Jalfrezi from the Dilshad. Before going to bed i thought I'd check to see how my Soccer Saturday Super 6 predictions had gone - not well as it turned out, I got none right...again!

So, I then checked on Matthew & Martin's scores to see how they'd done. I nearly fell off my chair when I saw the words, "Martin Kendall from Birmingham has won this week's competition by correctly predicting 4 of the 6 results correctly." My immediate thought was, there must be another Martin Kendall (there isn't) as this doesn't happen to people you know! Anyway, well done to Martin and maybe I'll catch up the six game deficit in the next 2 weeks (or maybe not!!)

Your Monday questions are: -
  1. What was Thailand called before its change of name today in 1949?

  2. What was the name of the TV show, set in an Army Motor Pool, that starred Phil Silvers (right) who was born today in 1911?

  3. Irving Berlin, who was born today in 1888, won his only Oscar for which song from the film "Holiday Inn"?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Bono (of U2); 2. "Towering Inferno"; 3. François Mitterand

No comments: