Thursday 19 February 2009

Scunthorpe United off to Wembley

My home town team have made it through to the Johnstone's Paint Trophy Final at Wembley after beating Rotherham 3-0 on aggregate last night. Although I was born in Scunthorpe, I've only ever seen them play once before - a 1-0 defeat at West Bromwich Albion in an FA Cup replay many years ago. However, I always look to see their results. When they won Coca Cola League 1 in 2007 it was the first time, in my lifetime, that they had won a league trophy! Up 'The Iron'!

Thursday's questions are: -

  1. Which actress married Peter Sellers today in 1964?

  2. Benicio del Toro (right), who was born today in 1967, won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar, BAFTA and Golden Globe for his performance in which 2000 film?

  3. Author Helen Fielding, who was born today in 1958, created which fictional diarist?

Yesterday's Answers: 1. Catherine of Aragon; 2. Maureen Lipman; 3. Michael Buerk

No comments: