Thursday 26 February 2009

Don't Text and Drive

Using a mobile phone whilst driving is a common, but ultimately unsafe, act (and I speak as someone who was caught driving and talking on my mobile!) I fully appreciate how dangerous it can be just talking, but TEXTING, as Lord Ahmed was doing on Christmas Day 2007, is plainly dangerous and he has quite rightly (in my opinion) been sent to jail. I don't see how anyone can justify such an act...but I believe that it is fairly common!!


Your teasers for today are: -
  1. Which German born clothing designer and manufacturer was born today in 1829?

  2. Corinne Bailey Rae (right) was born today in 1979 and had a UK No 2 hit in 2006 with which single from her eponymous debut album?

  3. From which island did Napoleon escape today in 1815?

Yesterday's Answers: 1. Billie Jean King; 2. Ferrari; 3. Téa Leoni

No comments: