Wednesday 15 April 2009

Fleur-de-Lys; Worst Customer Service

As I wrote, I've just been away for a few days on our narrowboat on a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon and back. Although the trip didn't quite go to plan, we managed to get back in one piece! We had an unscheduled visit to the Fleur-de-Lys pub in Lowsonford on Good Friday evening as our passage through one of the locks was blocked!

After an average (for the price of £9+) Steak and Kidney pie the pub closed at 10:30 pm WITH NO WARNING. As I tried to ascertain from the bar staff as to the reasons for closing early I was talked down to and generally treated as though I had no right to even ask a question. Needless to say, we did not stop there on the way back and it is doubtful that I'll ever visit there while the current management are in charge.

Enough ranting, here are your Wednesday posers: -
  1. In which Italian town was Leonardo da Vinci born today in 1452?

  2. Actress Emma Watson (right) was born today in 1990 and plays which character in the "Harry Potter" series of films?

  3. What medal was awarded to the island of Malta today in 1942?
Yesterday's Answers: 1. Hailstorm; 2. "Darling" 1; 3. Volvo

No comments: